Randy Wilson, President of Community Design Solutions, works with communities around the country helping them plan and design their futures. He recently identified six trends affecting rural communities.
1. Limited industrial-oriented job base opportunities.
2. Inability to communicate effectively.
3. Difficulty retaining and recruiting retail.
4. Incomplete approach to community design.
5. Limited capacity and capital.
6. Limited authentic experiences, e.g. understanding and celebrating authentic assets.